Amazing Animals Stories Part -2

Cat Trapped Inside a Metal Container Survives 34 Days by Licking Walls

a96875_a541_1-cat-container

A black cat named Socks miraculously survived a month trapped in a 20ft industrial storage container – by licking condensation on its walls. The 11-month-old feline reunited with its owners after electrician Murray Ruxton found it inside the container. He survived 35 days without food or water by licking condensation from the sides of the metal unit in Arbroath, Angus. Socks went missing and owner Michelle Maher reported him missing to the charity Cats Protection. Michelle put up posters and searched the streets whilst Cats Protection volunteers kept a lookout for the missing puss. Unbeknown to them, Socks had snuck into a 20ft metal container – similar to shipping containers – which was used by store equipment and supplies for electrical company D Adam & C.

Although desperately thin – half his ideal bodyweight – and dehydrated, the mischievous moggy was reunited with its owner and is expected to make a full recovery from its ordeal.

Sheep Abseiled Down Electricity Cable After Snagging Its Horn

a96875_a541_6-sheep-horn

Sheep Abseiled Down Electricity Cable After Snagging Its Horn
This hapless sheep has become a real life ‘ram-bo’ after inadvertently abseiling down a hill when its horn became snagged on an electricity wire.The unfortunate sheep was spotted bleating for help more than 15 feet above the ground next to a telegraph pole. Luckily it did not catch the current from the wire.

The drama unraveled at the small town of Helgoysund on the Norwegian coast. Tourists at the scene mounted a rescue attempt and eventually roped it to pull it back to ground level. After nearly an hour, and some ingenious rope work, the German tourists managed to bring the sheep down unharmed. Spectators suggested the sheep may have been grazing on the hill, and while trying to reach a field of ewes, it got its horn stuck on the zip wire. As it got more agitated, it was pulled down the hill on the wire it was attached to and ended up more than five metres above the ground.

Puppy Survives Miraculously After Swallowing a 10 Inch Toy Arrow

a96875_a541_2-swallow-arror2

Puppies are known for chewing and eating everything and anything. But Betty the bull terrier must have regretted her greed and curiosity after she swallowed a 10-inch plastic arrow that was almost as long as herself. Thankfully, the Staffordshire bull terrier survived after undergoing emergency surgery to remove the item after it became lodged halfway through her body from the aesophagus to her small intestine. Her owner, Emma Watson, 38, believes her pet gobbled up the arrow after disappearing into her seven-year-old daughter Lilly-Jay’s playhouse when a gust of wind opened the door.
The dog is now recovering, but she doesn’t seem to have learned her lesson; as soon as she got home she tried to eat the TV remote control.

(source)

Advertisements

1 Comment (+add yours?)

  1. Feroz
    Jan 13, 2010 @ 05:39:26

    This article seems to create a real symbotic senses between us and the animal world. Just cant believe the stuffs. But its nature and its really wonderfull.. keep posting Ezquara

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: